What Type of Shoes Do You Wear with a Dress?
The shoes you choose to wear can make or break your outfit. Not all shoes can go with all dresses. But when you know which shoes correctly match each type of dress in your closet, you can easily take your look from bland and basic to fun and fashionable. What shoes to wear with casual dresses? Go for comfort and keep it simple. What kind of shoes do you wear with a floor length dress? If your dress is a floor length evening gown, go for glam with high fashion heels.
Shoes to Wear with a Mini Dress
What types of shoes do you wear with a mini dress? Mini dresses are extremely versatile. They can be dressed up or down, so they can be paired with pretty much any pair of shoes.
- Sneakers: Sneakers are a great modern choice when paired with a mini dress. They go well with t-shirt dresses for a casual, everyday look. When choosing sneakers to wear with a dress, look for classic fits that aren't too bulky and choose neutral colors such as white or nude.
- Sandals: Sandals are the ideal shoes for sundresses. A pair of nude sandals are neutral enough to match any dress in your closet. Plus, they provide a lengthening effect that makes you look taller and slimmer.
- Riding Boots: What dresses do you wear riding boots with? If you're not ready to put away your mini dresses when colder weather rolls around, try matching them with a pair of riding boots for a classier, sophisticated look. Just like sneakers, riding boots pair well with a shift dress or a flare dress.
Shoes to Wear with a Midi Dress
What types of shoes do you wear with a midi dress? What shoes do you wear with a calf length dress? Midi dresses, including calf length dresses, are dresses that sit between the knee and ankle. The shoes that you choose to wear with a midi dress can define the whole look. You can choose to go casual, sporting a classic look, or you could be bold and fashionable with an edgy pair of boots or sneakers.
- Sandals: Sandals could be matched with any midi dress. This fun and flirty look is perfect for spring or summer. Choose a pair of sandals that complement the patterns or colors on your midi dress. Sandals with heels are a great choice for ankle length dresses, since they elongate the legs.
- Booties: What dresses do you wear booties with? Booties with midi dresses provide an edgier look than sandals. Booties match well with calf length dresses. Choose booties in neutral colors that pair with everything in your closet, such as brown or black.
Shoes to Wear with a Maxi Dress
What are the best shoes for a maxi dress? Choose shoes carefully with a maxi dress in order to not widen your figure and appear shorter than you actually are. What shoes do you wear with an ankle length dress? Ankle length dresses can be paired with flat shoes, but longer floor length dresses should be worn with heels. Maxi dresses are known for comfort though, so choose shoes that you would be the most comfortable in.
- Wedges: Wedges are a great match with maxi dresses, especially if you're on the shorter side. Wedges can give you a leaner look while remaining more casual. Try to look for open toed wedges in nude shades.
- Sandals: The perfect answer to what type of shoes do you wear with a sundress? Strappy sandals and maxi dresses give off a breezy, bohemian look. Choose sandals with details such as frills or gems for a more stylish look.
- Sneakers: Sneakers can also work great with casual maxi dresses. White sneakers are a good choice if your maxi dress is a solid color or low on details and prints. This pairing works especially well for taller women; it provides a comfy look while remaining stylish.