Packing for a Fall Trip to Peru - Flying First Class as a Couple
For many people, a first-class flight is a luxurious, rare occasion and one to both look forward to with excitement and look back on with fond memories. If you're going to Peru for an autumn getaway and flying first-class for the first time, it might feel daunting not knowing what to expect. In this post, we'll take a look at a few ways you can prepare for your travel destination as well as the first-class experience.
What to Expect on a First-Class Flight
Flying first class is a luxurious experience that many travelers aspire to. Below, we've included a list of things to expect when flying first class:
- Priority boarding: First-class passengers typically receive priority boarding, allowing them to board the plane before other passengers and get comfortable for the flight right away.
- Spacious seats: First-class seats are often larger and more comfortable than those in economy or business class. Some airlines even offer fully flat beds and private, sectioned-off spaces for an even more luxurious sleeping experience!
- Personalized service: Flight attendants in first class are highly trained and typically provide personalized service to each passenger. They may offer a complimentary pre-flight beverage, fresh, warm towels, a menu with gourmet cuisine and multiple courses, a minibar and/or gift basket, and access to premium drinks.
- Entertainment and amenities: Most first-class cabins feature individual entertainment screens with a wide selection of movies, TV shows, and music. Many airlines also offer amenities such as noise-canceling headphones, blankets, eye masks, and pillows.
- Access to lounges: Most airlines offer lounge access to first-class passengers, where they can relax before their flight and enjoy complimentary food and drinks. Bonus tip: even if you aren’t flying first class, you can pay to access the airline lounges before boarding!
- Faster baggage claim: First-class passengers often have their luggage tagged with priority labels, which means they are among the first to come out on the baggage carousel upon arrival.
Pack Carry-On Essentials for an Even More Luxurious First Class Experience
When packing for a first-class flight, it's important to consider the length of your journey and the type of airline you'll be flying with. Bringing these items will help you be prepared for the experience:
- High-quality, comfortable clothing: While first-class cabins are known for their comfortable seats and amenities, it's still a good idea to wear comfortable clothing for the journey. Loose-fitting clothes, breathable, high-quality fabrics, and comfortable shoes can make all the difference. Opt for stylish loungewear for women to present a polished image while prioritizing comfort.
- Necessary travel documents: Be sure to keep all necessary travel documents, such as your passport, visa (if applicable), boarding pass, and any other relevant documentation in a safe place in your travel bag.
- Entertainment: Although most first-class cabins offer a range of entertainment options, it's not a bad idea to bring your own entertainment. A tablet or your favorite book that you haven’t had a chance to read yet can keep you occupied throughout your flight.
- Toiletries: Most airlines provide first-class passengers with amenities such as toiletries, but it's also a good idea to pack your own as well, especially if you have specific preferences. Bring toothpaste, deodorant, a toothbrush, and any other necessary items like personal medications or travel accessories you might need.
- Snacks: While airlines often provide gourmet meals and snacks for their first-class travelers, there is no rule stating you can’t pack your own snacks as well. Granola bars, trail mix, and other non-perishable snacks can come in handy during long flights.
- Extra chargers: Don't forget to pack extra chargers for your electronic devices, such as your phone or tablet. Many airlines now offer power outlets on board, but it's always a good idea to be prepared just in case.
Be Prepared for Your Destination
If you're planning a trip to Peru during the fall season, it's important to pack for varying weather conditions. The temperature can range from mild to chilly, so be sure to bring layers such as sweaters, jackets, and scarves. In addition, Peru is known for its outdoor activities and adventure sports, so pack comfortable, sturdy shoes and appropriate clothing for hiking, walking, or biking. A few other items to consider packing in your checked luggage include:
- Sunscreen: Despite the cooler temperatures, the UV rays are still strong in Peru, especially if you plan on spending time outdoors.
- Insect repellent: Mosquitoes and other insects are prevalent in certain areas of Peru, so it's important to protect yourself from bites.
- A portable charger: If you plan on exploring off-the-beaten-path destinations, a portable charger can come in handy to ensure your electronic devices stay charged.
- A refillable water bottle: It's important to stay hydrated while traveling, and packing a reusable water bottle can help reduce waste and save money on buying bottled water. Plus, you can use it while waiting in the airport and avoid paying for expensive bottled water.
- A travel adapter: Electrical outlets in Peru may differ from those in your home country, so be sure to pack a travel adapter to ensure you can charge your electronic devices.
Packing for a first-class flight and your vacation in Peru is similar to packing for any other flight, but it's always a good idea to bring a few extra comforts to enhance your experience!