10 Ways To Add Animal Prints to Your Winter Wardrobe
This winter, the style trend is all about animal prints — in addition to chevron, plaid, and basically every other print you can possibly imagine. But the number one trend? Leopard print. Find it styled as a coat, dress, or stiletto, but find it you will.
The trick to wearing animal prints is not to let the prints look cheap. Whether you’re adding accessories, going for muted hints of a print, or are fully committed to pairing prints with more prints in bold and interesting ways, you want to look like a million bucks. Typically, prints pair well with solid colors, making the animal print the star of the show, but if you aren't sure how deep your love of prints runs, we have tips for you too. Either way, what we can be certain about is women who wear animal prints are confident, independent-thinking humans who don't mind having a bit of fun. Here’s how to get the look you want:
If you’re unsure about adding animal prints into your wardrobe, start small. Finding on-trend shoes and accessories is a great place to start.
- Pair a sweater dress and tights with cute leopard print booties for a playful twist on an everyday outfit.
- Dress up your pencil skirts, blouses, and work-wardrobe go-to's with cute cow print strappy sandals. They'll take work chic to a whole new level.
- With a chill in the air, there’s nothing like a long, warm women’s fleece jacket. Give it a pop of color with a lively animal print scarf. Even better? Get your four-legged friend a matching dog coat. If you have to walk the dog, at least you can do it in style.
- Earrings and purses are an easy way to upgrade any outfit, and it’s an even easier way to add animal prints to your wardrobe.
- Hats, gloves, earmuffs, and headbands are practical buys for keeping you warm, but don’t forget winter accessories can be stylish too! Ever thought about replacing the belt of your winter coat with a new animal print belt? It's a quick upgrade that'll make you feel completely reinvented.
- Home accessories count too! Add a couple of animal print throw pillows or a blanket to your couch for a whole new interior look. Mix zebra print black and white stripes with solid red Christmas pillows to put little pizazz into your holiday decorations. Invited to an ornament exchange? Who wouldn't love a little leopard print star or Christmas tree?
Here’s a tip. When it comes to animal prints, match your accessories with the rest of your outfit’s color palette. Take the leopard print as an example. You can use the light-beige background color in a bootie or scarf to compliment a beautifully bulky tan, beige, or khaki sweater dress. While the accessories and sweater dress don’t have to be the exact same color, staying in the neutral color family will give your look a complete, stylized appearance.
Make the Animal Print the Star of Your Outfit
Convinced now? Then hop on-trend. Animal prints catch the eye, so they're great fabrics to use when you want to call attention to some of your body's best assets while camouflaging others. Less is best! If you're going big with a print top, cardigan, or jacket, then keep your accessories classic and simple. When in doubt, pair your prints with solid colors like black, khaki, white, or brown, and use clean lines that won't let already busy patterns look unkempt.
Here are even more ways to add animal prints to your winter wardrobe:
- A leopard print sweater is a perfect way to ease into the animal print trend. Pair your bold sweater with casual jeans and flats, pull your hair into a messy ponytail, and slip on a pair of gold hoop earrings. Voila, a walk to the nearest coffee shop never looked so good.
- Black and white pairings are timeless, making the addition of a zebra print jacket or cardigan another great addition to your wardrobe. Dark pants will slim your figure, and a pop of red heels will take this outfit from fun to fancy.
- Possibly the most stylish animal print to wear is snakeskin. Grab a blouse and tuck it into high-waisted pants or a pencil skirt for the perfect workday garb, or wear the print as a long cardigan over a tank top tucked into wide-leg jeans. Can you say slay?
- Want to know the best way to wear the animal prints you love? As comfy PJs! If you’re nervous about incorporating animal prints into your winter wardrobe, then what better way to try the trend on in the privacy of your own home? Go ahead, get crazy. The cow print is our winter favorite.
Animal print outfits and accessories are here to stay. If you aren’t sure about the trend, we get it. Just start small. With all the options available to you today, we know you’ll find something to love.