Effective December 10, 2019
Download PDF / Print
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
- Identifying Information - Your name, unique personal identifier, online identifier, mailing address, email address, postal address, telephone/mobile number, and age.
- Payment Information - Your credit/debit card number and billing address.
- Information You Post on Our Website – We may collect Information you post or share in a public space on our site, including our Product Review and Ratings or when you contact us through the “Live Chat” feature on our site, or by participating in a contest, sweepstakes, promotion or survey.
- Social Media Information. We may collect information (ID, profile picture, gender, age range, friends’ ID’s) you post on our social media pages or via your social media profile information.
- Information You Submit. We may collect information submitted in connection with creating a Customer Account, placing an online/catalog order, making a purchase/return, including bank account numbers or other financial information.
- Demographic Information. We may collect your age, gender and zip code.
- Driver's License Information. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may collect your driver’s license information. For example, we may collect this information in store, if you return an item in-store without a receipt.
- Device Information. We may collect the type of device you use to access our website. It may also include your device identification number, IP address or mobile operating system.
- Commercial Information. We may collect information about the products or services purchased, obtained or considered, as well as other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other Network Activity Information. We may collect information related to your browsing history, search history and other information regarding your interactions with our website or advertisements.
- Other Information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We may look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION:
Information received directly from you. For example:
- Making a purchase from our catalog, website or retail stores.
- Making a return or exchange.
- Purchasing an electronic gift card.
- Creating a personalized Landsend.com shopping account.
- Tracking an order online.
- Signing-up to receive promotional emails or text messages
- Participating in a promotional sweepstakes, contest, survey or focus group.
- Using the Ratings & Reviews tool or other related services and features.
- Submitting a request to our Customer Service team.
- Signing-up for, and/or maintaining, a Lands’ End Charge card.
- Interacting with Lands’ End social media pages.
Information received passively from you. For example:
- Visiting Landsend.com on any device.
- Clicking on sponsored links or third-party advertisements.
- Receiving or interacting with Lands’ End communications and/or website that may contain cookies or pixels.
- Connecting information collected automatically, with information we already have about you, for purposes of identifying you as a Lands’ End customer. This allows us to provide you with a personalized experience regardless of how you interact with us – online, in store, mobile, etc.
- Using automated information collection technologies for reporting and analysis purposes. We may examine metrics such as how you are shopping on our website, in our stores and the performance of our marketing efforts, and your response to those marketing efforts.
- Using cookies, web beacons, and other technologies to receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us or third-parties that use our services. This information helps us recognize you, customize your website experience, store items in your cart between visits and make our marketing messages more relevant. Examples of this information include but are not limited to: pages you visit, ads you click on, type of browser/device/hardware, MAC address, purchase information, IP based geographic location and search terms. This includes Lands’ End content presented on another website or mobile application. These technologies also enable us to prevent fraud or other harmful activities.
- Using tools to monitor certain user experience information; including login information, IP address, data regarding pages visited and ads clicked, specific actions taken on pages visited (e.g., information entered during checkout process), browser and device information.
Information received from third parties or other sources. For example: Advertising, Personalization and Advertising Attribution
- Using third-party advertising companies to display ads tailored to your individual interests based on how you browse and shop online, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as ad delivery, reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research.
- Allowing third-party companies to collect certain information when you visit our website. This information is used to serve ads for Lands’ End products or services or for the products or services of other companies when you visit this website or other websites. These companies use non-personally-identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, hardware/software information, cookie and session ID) and personally identifiable information (e.g., static IP address) during your visits on our site and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you or advertising-related services, such as ad delivery, reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research. These parties typically use a cookie, web beacon or other similar tracking technologies to collect this information.
- By using a mobile device, your device may share location information (when you enable location services) with our websites, services, or our service providers. We use this information to improve our services, and provide you more relevant and personalized advertisements, services, and promotions. For example, precise geo-location can be used to help you find nearby Lands’ End stores.
Social Media Platforms
- Interacting with our site via social media includes features that may collect information about you such as your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our site. They may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies to accomplish this. Social media features and widgets may be hosted by a third party. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
- Displaying targeted ads to you through social media platforms. These ads are sent to groups of people who share traits such as likely commercial interests and demographics. For example, we may target customers who have expressed an interest in shopping for clothing, outerwear, products for home, etc. See the policies of each social media platform for additional information about these types of ads.
Information from Other Sources
- Collecting data that is publicly available. For example, information you submit in a public forum (e.g., a blog, chat room, or social network) can be read, collected or used by us and others, and could be used to personalize your experience. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances.
- Obtaining information provided by third parties. For instance, we obtain demographic and other information from companies that can enhance our existing customer information to improve the accuracy and add to the information we have about our customers (e.g., adding address information). This improves our ability to contact you and increases the relevance of our marketing by providing better product recommendations or special offers that may interest you.
- Combining information that we collect from our website with information we get from third parties.
- Combining information that we have collected about you from the different devices you use to access our Platforms.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION:
- To provide you with products and services. This could include fulfilling and managing your purchases, orders, payments and returns/exchanges.
- To improve our products, services, platforms and stores.
- To customize your experience with us or conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys.
- To better understand what product(s) interest our customers based upon the information we collect about you and your household.
- To respond to customer requests for information or questions. This may include responding to customer feedback regarding our products and/or services in-store or online.
- To communicate with you in the event of product alerts or information, including product recalls.
- To prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our customers and our business and for general security which may include protecting the security or integrity of our websites and our business.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION:
- Lands’ End, Inc. including subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Information your Post on our social media channels, website and with our Ratings & Reviews feature.
- Select third parties that provide support services i.e. printers, e-mail providers, mobile marketing services, analytics providers, web hosting providers, call center/chat providers, payment processors, coupon delivery vendors, data enhancement services, fraud prevention providers or shipping service providers, each of whom may perform services on our behalf.
- Business partners, including third parties that provide financial products, including our banking partners for the Lands’ End Charge credit card.
- Select third parties for marketing purposes, which may include third parties whose products or services we believe you may be interested. These third parties may also share your information with others. These third parties may use your information for their own marketing purposes or the marketing purposes of others. This may include the delivery of interest-based advertising.
- Merger or acquisition if Lands’ End were to merge with, acquires or is acquired by another business entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control.
- Complying with the law or protecting our business. This could include responding to a court order or subpoena or sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We may share information when we are investigating a potential fraud, including fraud we think has occurred during a sweepstakes or promotion. We may also share information if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winner’s list.
YOUR CHOICES AND PRIVACY RIGHTS:
Request to Receive Catalogs: If you would like to receive our catalogs, please call 1-800-963-4816 or email@example.com. We will need your name, address, and telephone number to mail catalogs to you.
Request to Stop Catalogs: If you would like to stop receiving our catalogs, please call 1-800-963-4816 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. It may take 2-4 weeks to process your request.
Request to Opt-Out of Third-Party Marketing: We may make portions of our catalog and e-mail lists available to carefully screened companies whose products or services might interest you. If you prefer your name withheld from these lists, please call us at 1-800-963-4816 or email email@example.com.
Lands’ End, Inc.
1 Lands’ End Lane
Dodgeville, Wisconsin 53595
Most web browsers allow you to exercise control over cookie files on your computer by erasing them‚ blocking them‚ or notifying you when such a file is stored. Please look at your browser for instructions on this function. You can choose to browse our Site without accepting our Site’s cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize you from page to page‚ and they support your transactions with us. Without these cookies enabled‚ you may not be able to complete a purchase or take advantage of certain Site features.
Internet-Based Advertising/Online Advertisements
Lands’ End works with third party service providers who help serve ads on our behalf on various online advertising networks. The online ad networks may use your browsing history across participating websites to show you interest-based advertisements on those websites. You may see ads for Lands’ End on participating websites based on how you browse our Site as well as how you browse those websites.
To learn more about interest-based advertising‚ including how to opt out‚ click here. Please note that the opt-out mechanism relies on cookies to remember your choices with respect to ad-serving on websites. We may also use technologies‚ such as our own cookies‚ to provide you with personalized online display advertising tailored to your interests. Other websites you visit may offer their own opt-outs. If you do opt-out of interest-based advertisements‚ you may still see advertisements on website’s you visit‚ but those ads will not be based on your browsing behavior.
How You Access and Update Your Personal Information
In order to keep your personal information accurate and complete, you can access or update some of it in the following ways:
- If you have created a landsend.com account, you can log in to review and update your account information, including contact, billing, and shipping information.
- Call Customer Service at 800-963-4816 with your current contact information and the personal information you would like to access. We will provide you the personal information requested if reasonably available or will describe the types of personal information we typically collect.
How Your Personal Information Protected
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. When we collect or transmit sensitive information such as a credit or debit card number, we use industry standard methods to protect that information. However, no e-commerce solution, website, mobile application, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
Children’s Personal Information
We recognize the importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13. If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information online, we ask that a parent or guardian call Customer Service at 800-963-4816.
California Consumer Privacy Act is effective January 1, 2020
If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, you can request:
- i) the right to know how your personal information is collected and used,
- ii) the right to access your personal information,
- iii) the right for no sale, transfer or sharing of your personal information with third parties; and
- iv) the right to delete or erase your information.
To submit your request by filling out the format www.landsend.com/customer-privacy. Please allow 45 days for a response. If you have any questions related to the California Consumer Privacy Act please call 800-746-3467, Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm Central Time.
If you are a California resident under 18 years old and a registered user, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our website or other online services. Note that fulfilment of the request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user). To request removal of content or information, please call Customer Service at 800-746-3467.
Nevada law gives Nevada consumers the right to request that a company not sell their personal information. This right applies even if their personal information is not currently being sold. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to exercise this right, please submit your request by filling out the form at www.landsend.com/customer-privacy or call 800-746-3467, Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm Central Time.
- Your carrier's standard messaging rates apply to your entry or submission message to any Lands' End text message service, our confirmation and all subsequent text message correspondence. Lands' End does not charge for any content; however, downloadable content may incur additional charges from your cell phone provider. Please contact your wireless carrier for information about your messaging and data plan(s). Your carrier may impose message or charge limitations on your account that are outside our control. All associated charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider.
- By subscribing to LANDS’ END ANYWHERE, you consent to receiving up to 8 automated marketing text messages per month from Lands' End at the mobile number provided at opt-in, which may include offers from us, our affiliates and partners. You can unsubscribe at any time by texting STOP to 77344. Your consent to receive text messages is not a condition of purchase. Msg&Data rates may apply.
- You represent that you are the owner or authorized user of the wireless device you use to subscribe to our text message service, and that you are authorized to approve the applicable charges.
- We will not be liable for any delays or failures in your receipt of any text messages as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator and processing by your mobile device. Carriers are not liable for delayed or failed messages. Our text message services are provided on an AS IS, AS AVAILABLE basis.
- Our text message service and the content and materials provided through the service are proprietary to us or our licensors, and are for your personal, non-commercial use only. You shall not damage, impair, interfere with or disrupt the service or its functionality.
- Our text message service is available only in the United States.
- We reserve the right to alter these text message terms and conditions from time to time. We may suspend or terminate our text message service to you if we believe you are in breach of our terms and conditions. Your service is also subject to termination if your wireless service terminates or lapses. If you change or deactivate your mobile number, it is your responsibility to notify Lands’ End by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may discontinue the service at any time.
- If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com. You can also text the word HELP to 77344 to get additional information about the service. We do not charge for help or info messages; however, your normal carrier rates apply.
- Terms are subject to change.