How to Pack Your Purse for Summer
As summer approaches, it’s time to pack up the cold-weather gear, pull out the swimsuits and shorts, and get ready for days in the sun! An important part of keeping your busy life on schedule when the warmer weather arrives is to pack your purse so it’s summer-ready. Get tips on how to survive summer with your best bag essentials here.
The First Step: Match Your Bag to Your Summer Activity
Summer comes with lots of exciting summer fun and activities that you may not get to do for the rest of the year. Start with the right bag for the situation, and then pack it so you’re perfectly prepared. Most ladies will want at least a few different options for their summer purses to match the different situations and events. From casual to dressy, there are lots of purses perfect for wearing with everything from summer dresses to cute women’s shorts.
Packing Your Purse With Summer Essentials
Your summer purse will require a fair number of essentials, but you also don’t want to be weighed down when it comes to all the things you want and need. Consider this list and then customize it to your own needs to stay prepared and ready for anything.
Things to pack in your purse for summer may include:
- Hair ties, hair bands, or summer clips to pull hair up or back in hot weather
- Small, lightweight summer hair or sun visor
- Lip balm
- Hand sanitizer or sanitizing wipes
- Reusable water bottle
- Packable poncho in case of summer storms
- Antihistamine spray or tablets for bug bites/stings or allergies
- Tylenol, ibuprofen, or other pain or headache reliever
- Mini first aid kit
- Facial wipes or oil blotting papers
- Mini deodorant
- Mini perfume
- Spare phone charger
- Translucent powder compact
- Waterproof mascara
- Small, quick-dry towels or personalized beach towels
Summer Purse-Packing Tips
It’s easy to stay organized and ready for summer fun with a few simple tips:
- Pack mini tubes or containers of essential items like sunscreen or lotion to save on space.
- Pick up travel-size basics to keep in your purse in case of impromptu summer trips or emergencies.
- A ziplock bag or plastic shopping bag can be handy to have in your pack for kids’ items or odds and ends that end up in your bag.
- Keep a lightweight cami and pair of stretchy shorts rolled up in your bag in case of summer storms or emergencies that might require a clothing change.
- Use small, stylish zip-top pouches to keep items organized inside your bag. Place like items together, such as hair ties and makeup, so you know which pouch contains what.
- If your purse doesn’t have a strap or slot for a water bottle, sew a piece of elastic or an extra elastic hair tie inside your bag with a few tack stitches to keep your water bottle upright and in place.
- Place adhesive Velcro strips on frequently used items or small things you don’t want to lose, such as pens or lip balm.
- Line your change pouch with a small plastic bag to keep debris or odors from coins at bay.
- Keep your beach bag smelling summery and fresh by placing a small mesh bag with scent beads or a new dryer sheet inside.
- Instantly brighten up a basic bag for summer by attaching a colorful lightweight scarf or ribbon to the outside.
Keep Your Purse Summer-Ready and Stress-Free
By choosing a great summer bag style, matching your handbag to the events and occasions you have planned, and packing the fundamentals you need for the summer season, you can be prepared for anything. Using a little creativity and some summer bag hacks will keep you looking like the cool queen of every summer day.