Women's Luxe Wool Limited Edition Pea Coat
OK quality, but didn't like boxy styling
I bought this and the Women's Regular Peacoat to compare. This fabric is good quality, although it feels like it is slightly lighter weight than the Regular Peacoat. Sizing and fit seemed to be the same with both coats. The color of the "Limited Edition" is a beautiful cobalt as pictured. However, the styling is boxy with shoulder lapels--would recommend it for taller women--I have a 29 1/2 inch inseam. The styling of the "Limited Edition" leans toward a more military look. It has an inner waist button which keeps the coat in place. This is expected with double-breasted coats, but I do find it annoying in outerwear. (Perhaps I am just uncoordinated, but try making a hasty exit from a room buttoning one of these things --hint, hint Lands End, I'd love to see a single-breasted style.) One more thing. The two "breasts" of the coat did not perfectly line up at the hemline when buttoned. It made the coat look a bit sloppy. I returned it and kept the Regular Peacoat.
November 20, 2013
Gorgeous fabric and just beautiful!
I purchased this coat even after reading some of the previous negative reviews just because it looked so beautiful! I am not disappointed! It is lovely, the fit, the color and all the details. The fabric feels so soft and it fits me through the shoulders perfectly. I love it, thank you very much for a high-quality product!
November 20, 2013
Georgeous, but buttons have musty, old smell.
Love the look of this pea coat and I plan to keep the one I bought because beautiful and have faith that over time it will smell better. The buttons come neatly wrapped and look like black leather, but not sure if they are leather or not. The minute you open the box when coat comes you smell a old musty type odor. It is the buttons...not the coat but the buttons. Lands End has been very nice in offering to refund and do all they can but this is not Lands End fault but factory fault. Praying that "airing out" pea coat will remove old musty smell soon. Again let me say this is a beautiful pea coat so for me that out weighs the smell issue :)
November 19, 2013
Absolutely Gorgeous Colour and Lovely Detailing!
This is a beautifully made jacket that features the most amazing blue-violet colour! It came so carefully wrapped with all the buttons individually protected with tissue paper. The style is a little more straight cut than I expected...I was anticipating a slightly fitted look, but nonetheless, the fit is good and I will be able to wear a sweater underneath, if needed. I ordered an 8, my usual size. It hits about mid-hip on me.
I have not seen another pea jacket anywhere of a similar colour and cannot wait for an occasion to wear it! Having gotten it while on sale, makes this purchase all the more rewarding!
October 30, 2013
I love this coat and the color is outstanding!
,This one is most comfortable, .style and color is just perfect for my taste. came very well packaged , even tissue covering the buttons. .obviously well made, and true to size. I am impressed! The reduced price really did the trick for me. A lot of coat for the money. thank you, Lands End. I will shop here again. Janet P.
October 26, 2013
Lovely coat beautiful color
I really like this coat, the color is bright. The fit for me is perfect, I'm tall 5'8", love the details. I've worn and loved the LE pea coats and this coat is the same with extra details.
October 26, 2013
Great material, but too boxy- agree with other reviewers
I was disappointed not to like this coat! The color is beautiful- a deep, rich blue- and the inner lining is a pretty autumn floral design. The buttons are thick and braided imitation leather- a nice touch. But as soon as I put it on I knew it was going back. I'm 5'4", 150, and I wear a size 10 pant and a S/M top. A size 10 in this coat overwhelmed me. The shoulders looked bulky and unfeminine, and the unflattering boxy shape made my upper half look ungainly and out of proportion (think huge bulky torso with a tiny head on top). The coat was loose around the waist, with extra room in the shoulders, but it pulled at the hips and the front opened, spoiling the silhouette. Ordering a larger size would exacerbate the problem with the top, but a smaller size wouldn't accommodate my hips. I also agree with other reviewers that this coat could not be worn unbuttoned- it just gapes out alarmingly. For women like me, whose hips are larger than their shoulders, this coat will be difficult to pull off. Darn!
October 25, 2013
Too many unrealistic expectations!!!!!
I am shocked (even outraged) by the negative and, in my opinion, unfair reviews. Although this jacket is not "a true work of art" as stated by Lands End's description, it is nevertheless a very decent product for the price.
1) I agree that its fabric had a somewhat unpleasant smell and a damp feel, as if stored in a humid warehouse. Incidentally, it happened to me twice with items ordered from Lands End's competitors. On the positive side, the jacket was shipped very promptly, was beautifully packaged (with tissue over the buttons) and after airing outdoors for a few hours, the smell was gone.
2) Although I could pass on the floral lining (it seems to be trendy this fall), it did not come as a surprise since it was clearly mentioned on the description. Moreover, its print is rather discreet, tasteful, and the background shade is VERY close to the colour of the wool (the same dye will RARELY give the same shade on different fabrics).
3) Personally, I am very happy with the fit. I ordered a 2-Petite (as a point of comparison, I am 5'3', 105lb, 34-25-35). The front part stays perfectly flat, the sleeves are the right length for my short arms, the width around the hips and torso neither snug, nor loose.
4) To me, the LEATHER buttons are a big plus (I took one of the extra buttons apart, since at such a reasonable price, I assumed they were made of synthetic material). These days, this type of traditional woven buttons are usually made of resin, except for high-end fashion.
5) The shade of items never looks exactly the same on the screen. I assume that is why Lands End graciously offers free swatches.
6) The lapels on a double -breasted style NEVER stand flat when the jacket is open. Nine years ago, I bought a similar-cut jacket in France for over 500 Euros (no cashmere and no leather buttons though) and the lapels did NOT lie flat and still don't......Yet, it does not prevent it from looking elegant and classy.
In conclusion, I find this pea-coat elegant, practical, comfortable, well-constructed in a good quality fabric, with an extra touch of originality.... all of that for under $180 (even less, if you bought it 35% off!)
NB: I do not mean to brag, but since I was born and raised in France in a family of clothiers, I think I know a thing or two about fashion.....
October 19, 2013
The colour and weight of this coat was perfect, but it was too boxy. If it had been a little longer I would have kept it.
October 19, 2013
Not as special as I expected
This jacket is not as special as I expected: the color is nice, but it is lighter than on the picture; the flowery lining does not match in color with the coat and simplifies it (the coat would look much better with solid lining); it runs large in chest and hips, and sleeves almost touch my fingernails (I am 5?4? 125 lbs, bought my regular size 4); it is tricky to find the way to wear the coat open; and as it was mentioned by another reviewer, the leather buttons smell moldy. Overall, the jacket lacks advertised luxury appearance. Probably, I will exchange it for another Boiled Wool Jacket, which runs true to the size chart and looks much more sophisticated and versatile.
October 18, 2013