Rated 4 out of 5 by ncgrandmother Nice fit.
Our school requires blue or white shirts. They fit nice, but my only complaint is that the blue shirts are fading in color quicker that I think they should. School has only been in session about 6 weeks and I already see fading and some wear around the neck.
September 23, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by MomFromAL Red color bleeds like crazy
The only good thing I can say about this shirt is the nice quality fabric. Now the bad stuff... Sleeves are way too long, body is oversized (which is the norm for LE's kid's tops and expected). The worst part... The red color keeps coming off in the wash. I've washed and rinsed the shirts for 7 times, and they still bleed badly. I can tell from the Shout color catcher that traps the dye. LE, you need to do better than this!
August 14, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by AndreaJ My daughter really like this shirt
This is my daughter's school shirt, she loves it. After several washings, the color and material has not lost its integrity. She is tall and growing more so, the shirt stays tucked in all day.
February 2, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by Redhead79 Fits big and fabric is very thin
I am a 25 plus year Lands' End shopper. Fit is big even for a sports shirt. Compared to my previous purchases of the same shirts in both long and short sleeve, the fabric now is extremely thin. Did wash well. Unfortunatley this shirt in mesh is only offered by Lands' End or next time I would look elsewhere.
November 25, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5
by MelissaEM Received two very different looking shirts
I ordered two long sleeve feminine fit mesh polo shirts for my daughter's uniform, same size, but in two different colors. What I received were two completely different shirts! The pink one definitely had a more feminine cut and looks nicer on my daughter. The grey one, when compared to the pink side-by-side was shorter in length both in body and sleeves. The grey shirt was more boxy though, than the pink. The button placard was shorter in length. And the grey shirt had a ridiculous looking collar… it was very short, and looked like a mis-cut! I thought I was sent the wrong shirt for sure, but I sent it back for an exchange and received the very same (wrong-looking) shirt in return. I did notice that these shirts are being made in two different factories, and this is probably the issue. I noticed another reviewer said something about the collar being short. LANDS' END, you need to take notice here!!! I even talked with a representative on the phone and she read the shirt specs to me over the phone while I measured. They are definitely off.
All-in-all… I love the pink shirt, but this second grey shirt is going back. Very frustrating!
November 22, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Villa1 Great school shirt
My granddaughter wanted long sleeve shirts to wear with her school uniform -this way if she forgot her sweater - she would still be warm.
September 19, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by RockStarMomma Sleeves TOO Long!
Wow! Really??? I ordered this shirt in several colors hoping for the best. When they arrived, I could not believe how LONG the sleeves were! My daughter has an average body shape for a 6-year old, and while the shirt fit her perfectly everywhere else, the sleeves were ridiculously LONG! (And, my daughter is considered tall for her age!). Sadly, I had to return the shirts which I would have otherwise kept since the fabric was wonderful and the quality appeared to be excellent. Please, please, please offer this same shirt in the future but with sleeves that are at least 2-3-4 inches shorter, and I'll buy them! Thank you.
September 13, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by miamishoresmom School Staple
This is the second year I buy this shirt for my daughter. The shirt fits well, wears well, and washes well.
August 23, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Clarity Why in the World is the Collar So Darn Small??
I have been buying these shirts for my daughter for 3 years and I have only one complaint (okay, 2)
1. Compared to all the other polo shirts in the world, the size of this collar is oddly small. It barely flaps over enough to keep itself down and cover the seams around the neck. Very odd. I thought it was a mistake, but now after 3 years of the same style Lands End apparently does not see a problem. Imagine a shirt size 7-8 with a collar cut to fit a size 4. Same problem with every shirt, in every size I have ordered.
2. I buy long-sleeved and short-sleeved. Why are the short-sleeved versions of the same shirt, in the same size, so much larger than the long-sleeved? I have a 7-8 in long and short-sleeved and she grew out of all the long-sleeves--but the short-sleeves still fit. You would say they must have shrunk, but I have never put any of these shirts in the dryer (I used to in the past, but not with these) and I always wash with warm water, never hot.
Needs a fixing!
- Does not shrink much or fade
- Quality fabric, it has nice body and the colors (I can speak for the navy and burgundy) are rich
- Does not get terribly wrinkled
- Resists stains pretty well
- Great cut (other than the collar of course). The shirt is not boxy and is long enough to stay tucked in smoothly. Always looks neat.
January 8, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by HKWB nice quality
purchased for daughter's school uniform. really like the quality of Land's End uniforms. however, i wish the shirts had a little more of a "stretch" fiber knitted in and a more femine cut so they do not look so boxy and bulky on small frames. Additionally, bc sleeves are always too long for my petite daughter, it would be nice if Land's End would put a tapered cuff on long sleeved knitted shirts. It would certainly look neater than folding up the sleeve (which never stays put) and would be more comfortable too. The "cuffless" sleeve is the reason for the not perfect rating!
November 12, 2013