School Uniform Long Sleeve Feminine Fit Mesh Polo Shirt
Sleeves TOO Long!
Wow! Really??? I ordered this shirt in several colors hoping for the best. When they arrived, I could not believe how LONG the sleeves were! My daughter has an average body shape for a 6-year old, and while the shirt fit her perfectly everywhere else, the sleeves were ridiculously LONG! (And, my daughter is considered tall for her age!). Sadly, I had to return the shirts which I would have otherwise kept since the fabric was wonderful and the quality appeared to be excellent. Please, please, please offer this same shirt in the future but with sleeves that are at least 2-3-4 inches shorter, and I'll buy them! Thank you.
September 13, 2014
This is the second year I buy this shirt for my daughter. The shirt fits well, wears well, and washes well.
August 23, 2014
Why in the World is the Collar So Darn Small??
I have been buying these shirts for my daughter for 3 years and I have only one complaint (okay, 2)
1. Compared to all the other polo shirts in the world, the size of this collar is oddly small. It barely flaps over enough to keep itself down and cover the seams around the neck. Very odd. I thought it was a mistake, but now after 3 years of the same style Lands End apparently does not see a problem. Imagine a shirt size 7-8 with a collar cut to fit a size 4. Same problem with every shirt, in every size I have ordered.
2. I buy long-sleeved and short-sleeved. Why are the short-sleeved versions of the same shirt, in the same size, so much larger than the long-sleeved? I have a 7-8 in long and short-sleeved and she grew out of all the long-sleeves--but the short-sleeves still fit. You would say they must have shrunk, but I have never put any of these shirts in the dryer (I used to in the past, but not with these) and I always wash with warm water, never hot.
Needs a fixing!
- Does not shrink much or fade
- Quality fabric, it has nice body and the colors (I can speak for the navy and burgundy) are rich
- Does not get terribly wrinkled
- Resists stains pretty well
- Great cut (other than the collar of course). The shirt is not boxy and is long enough to stay tucked in smoothly. Always looks neat.
January 8, 2014
purchased for daughter's school uniform. really like the quality of Land's End uniforms. however, i wish the shirts had a little more of a "stretch" fiber knitted in and a more femine cut so they do not look so boxy and bulky on small frames. Additionally, bc sleeves are always too long for my petite daughter, it would be nice if Land's End would put a tapered cuff on long sleeved knitted shirts. It would certainly look neater than folding up the sleeve (which never stays put) and would be more comfortable too. The "cuffless" sleeve is the reason for the not perfect rating!
November 12, 2013
Long, long sleeves
This was the worst thing I've ever gotten from LE, and was very disappointed. First thing I noticed was the material smelled like vinegar. Tried it on anyway thinking I could get that smell gone after washing, but the sleeves came to the first knuckles on my hands. Not a good look, plus with the smell, these are going back. Sorry to say I can't recommend this item.
September 24, 2013
Nice, but shrink in length
These are very nice, but shrink in length. I ordered regular size the first time, then ordered tall the second time. The tall one is perfect in length now. I'm 5' 1".
June 23, 2013
This top is the perfect fit for my daughter.
Me daughter loves the tailored fit of this top. The red is beautiful and vibrant. She uses It as part of her uniform for school.
October 27, 2012
Its true to fit. My daughter loves it. Plus the way the materials feels is very nice.
She has to wears this every day and so far it has keep its color and size.
October 15, 2012
The shirts are great
Just some advice on the embroidery, add a second layer of backing or a thicker backing to the logo to prevent it from curling up when washed.
September 29, 2012
Looks like a boy's shirt to me
This long sleeved polo shirt looks like an average boy's shirt. After reading the description "feminine fit" I ordered a size M (5-6) for my 5-year-old daughter.
The polo shirt does not have any ruffles on the shoulders, the collar is strait like a boy's shirt, and the buttons look like the average white buttons on a polo shirt. The cut is strait and even the print of the size and the Land's End logo is in light blue.
Can my daughter wear it? Certainly.
Will she look like she's wearing a hand-me-down from her big brother? Unfortunately, yes.
September 17, 2012