How Lands' End Serves and Interacts with Customers:
Lands' End Customer Service Employee
Landsend.com sets the bar for online shopping. Innovative shopping tools brings the personal shopping experience home to the customer, making it easy to find the right product.
Lands’ End Digital Shopping
Lands’ End makes shopping fun, easy and social with a variety of digital shopping solutions.
- Shoppers can visit Lands’ End and Lands’ End Canvas on Facebook at www.facebook.com/landsend and www.facebook.com/landsendcanvas. They can follow Lands’ End and Lands’ End Canvas on Twitter at @LandsEnd and @LandsEndCanvas.
- Digital editions of customers’ favorite Lands’ End catalogs are available for iPhone and iPad from the iTunes App Store and via the Google Catalogs app. The digital catalogs contain exclusive content, including heart-warming stories penned by Lands’ End employees.
- Shoppers can send friends and family a Lands' End E-Gift Card in real time by visiting facebook.com/Landsend and clicking on the eGift Cards tab.
- Lands' End Canvas makes it easy for style-conscious consumers to discover great products and share them on Pinterest with a "Pin It" button on product pages. The button allows shoppers to pin fashion finds and inspiring images from Lands' End Canvas directly onto their own Pinterest boards.
Lands' End Shops at Sears
Lands' End makes it easy for customers to shop the way they want to shop. Beginning in 2006, Lands' End introduced the Lands' End Shops at select Sears stores. Today, there are nearly 300 Lands' End Shops at Sears with select locations offering apparel and accessories from the Lands’ End Canvas collection.
- The store-within-a-store concept brings the Lands' End brand to life at Sears stores by mirroring the world-class shopping experience via the legendary catalog and award-winning Web site.
- Each store is outfitted with a special service area where customers can shop the entire assortment – either online or by phone – obtaining additional products from the company's vast inventory. Shipping is complimentary when customers purchase Lands' End products at the in-store computer kiosks.
- Store associates receive in-depth product and sales training, ensuring Lands' End provides the highest level of service.
Lands' End's Wisconsin call centers are staffed 24/7, 364 days a year by friendly customer service representatives who provide warm, helpful shopping advice.
- The average tenure of a customer service representative is seven to nine years.
- Most calls are answered on the first ring.
- Lands' End Specialty Shoppers can assist with specific sizing questions, gift suggestions and wardrobe coordination via phone or e-mail.
Lands' End Customers Are The Company's Best Consultants
- Feedback gathered from customer calls, letters and e-mails is entered into a monthly comment report used by management and employees throughout the company to enhance our apparel offering, services and training.
- Follow-up calls are made to first-time customers to request feedback on their experience.
Extraordinary Lands' End Services
- Trousers are hemmed free of charge to a customer's desired length.
- Swatches of fabric are sent free of charge to see how a fabric feels or to coordinate with existing wardrobe or home items.
- Replacement belts, buttons and other parts – all given free to customers.
- Lost Mitten Club – if a child loses a mitten the same season it was purchased, Lands' End replaces it at half the price of a pair with no additional shipping charge.
Awards & Recognition:
- Lands' End was featured in Internet Retailer's Hot 100 E-Retailers of 2012. The Hot 100 list recognizes e-commerce sites that offer innovative tools and services to meet the needs of its customers.
- Lands' End has been recognized in the 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 National Retail Federation Foundation/American Express Customer Service Survey. The nationwide survey asks "Which retailer delivers the best customer service?"
- In 2011, Lands' End ranked #15 among the Top 25 on STORES Magazine's list of 50 Favorite Online Retailers.
- In 2009, Lands' End was named a service winner in the E-tailing Group's 11th annual Mystery Shopping Study of the top 100 online retailers. The company was one of only nine to pass the study's nine main criteria including customer service must adequately and correctly answer an e-mail question within 24 hours; it takes six or fewer clicks to checkout; and an e-mail shipping confirmation and order confirmation are sent.
Customer Service Firsts:
- First to offer a toll-free phone number for ordering (early 80's).
- First to make two-day shipping standard without a surcharge anywhere in the continental U.S. (1994).
- First apparel retailer to have an e-commerce enabled Web site (1995).
- First consumer retailer to offer real-time, human assistance on the Web via electronic chat or phone (1999).