Most Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question? We have answers. Check out our top 20 FAQs below. If you don't find your question here (or an answer that works for you), contact us and we'll be happy to help. Guaranteed. Period.®
- Q: Who is Borderfree?
- Borderfree is a global eCommerce company who partners with us to provide our international customers with a distinctive shopping experience. Borderfree allows us to present product prices in the currency of your choice, to detail duty and customs fees, and to guarantee totals at the exchange rate set during checkout.
- Q: How will my Canadian order change?
- There is no change to your carrier or your return process. Orders continue to be sent to our broker in Canada and then shipped via the carrier you are accustomed to. There is no change to the return process. You will continue to receive a return label in your package.
Your payment now goes through Borderfree which gives you the benefit of a guaranteed landed cost that will remain throughout the life of your order. Should you need to make a return, you will receive the same exchange rate as when you purchased the item.
- Q: Can I continue to shop in US dollars?
- Absolutely. We default you to your local currency but if you would like to pay in USD or other currency, just click your flag at the top of the page and choose.
- Q: Will additional costs be due when I receive my international order?
- For online shoppers in countries Borderfree supports, the order total displayed in your currency is the exact amount you will be billed. There are no additional costs billed upon delivery or due as C.O.D. charges. Please note: Lands' End reserves the right to correct pricing errors.
When shopping by phone and for countries not currently supported by Borderfree, we do not quote or collect international duty and taxes on phone/fax orders. Therefore, there may be duties and taxes imposed on your order that aren't reflected in our prices. Check with your local Customs office for those charges. In addition, some countries may charge an additional handling fee for delivery within that country.
We have recently enabled what is known as DDU, Duties and Taxes Delivered Unpaid for our online international customers who ship their package via DHL express. As always we are happy to take your order DDU over the phone. Just give us a call at 1.800.935.4738 and one of our friendly Customer Service Specialists will be happy to take care of you.
- Q: I paid in my local currency, what happens if I want to make a return and the foreign exchange rate has changed?
- No problem, Borderfree guarantees the rate of exchange for the life of the order.
- Q: I don't remember my password to log into my Personal Shopping Account. What should I do?
- You can have your password emailed to you. To do this:
- Click on the "My Account" tab at the top of any of our web pages.
- Click on the link, "e-mail it to me" found directly below the "Sign in to My Account" fields.
- Enter your email address, and click on "request password." Your password will be emailed to you.
- Note: As a security precaution, requesting your password will delete your credit card information from your stored account information.
- Q: What size I should order?
- Our size charts are available in both inches and centimeters and include measuring instructions. If you are unsure about size, please take your measurements. Once you have taken your measurements:
- Visit our size charts and click on the tab for the chart that best works for you. (Women, Men, Girls, Boys, etc.)
- Click on the category of product you are sizing such as Tops, Bottoms, Footwear, Swimwear, etc.
- Refer to the size charts to select the size that works best for you.
- Q: How do I measure my inseam?
- To get the most accurate inseam measurement:
- Select a pair of your best-fitting pants of a similar material.
- Lay the pants flat and measure from the center of the crotch to the bottom of one leg. The number of inches is the inseam length.
- Many of our pants can be hemmed in quarter-inch increments.
- Some pants are pre-hemmed to the nearest inch.
- Remember to allow an extra 1/2 inch (1.5 cm) for shrinkage in 100% cotton items.
- Q: How do I add personalization to an item?
- When personalization is available for a product, you will see a "Personalize It" option on the product page. To order:
- Click on the Personalize It button to expand the page
- Follow the steps to select the style, font, location and monogram thread color you would like to add to the item
- Once all the steps have been completed, click "Add to Bag" to order
- Q: How do I add gift boxing to an item?
- You can add gift boxing to an item from your Shopping Bag.
- Under each item that allows a gift box check "Gift Box $6.00 each."
- A link will appear for "Special Requests."
- Use this form to tell us about any special requests you may have regarding this order.
- Example requests: "Please place blue shirt and navy tie in the same gift box." Or, "Put Wms nightgown in its own box."
- Q: The promotion code & PIN I've entered are not working and/or I get a message that says they're invalid. What should I do?
- Verify that the promotion code has not expired.
- Verify that the promotion code & PIN were entered correctly.
- Verify that the items in your order qualify per the promotion details.
- Read the promotion details to see if there are product exclusions that may prevent your order from qualifying for the promotion.
- Q: Where can I find information about Lands' End Gift Cards?
- Go to our Gift Card page to buy gift cards, check the balance of a gift card you already have or to learn more about Lands' End Gift Cards.
- Q: Can I add to the balance remaining on my Gift Card?
- Not at this time.
- Q: I just placed my order. When will it ship?
- Always allow 1-2 business days to package and process your order. In addition, please allow the following when determining the date your order will ship:
- 1 to 2 additional business days if you've requested monogramming, engraving or hemming.
- 3 to 5 additional business days to add embroidery.
- 7 to 10 additional business days for school uniform logos.
- Q: How do I know if my order has shipped?
- If you have an email address on file, you will receive a Shipment Notification email once your order has shipped.
You can also track your order using your order number and zip code.
- Note: Please allow 1 business day after receiving your shipment notification for tracking to activate.
- Log into your account.
- Click ORDER HISTORY & TRACKING.
- Click the current order number for details.
- Q: I placed an order using a Free Shipping promotion: how soon will I receive my order?
- Our typical free shipping delivery is our standard service: 2–5 business days to most addresses after leaving Land's End.
- Add 1 to 2 business days to shipping times for orders with monogramming, engraving or hemming requests.
- Q: What is the status of my backorder?
- If you placed your order online and you have a Personal Shopping Account, you can check the status of backordered items.
- Go to the My Account tab at the top of any web page
- Click on Order History & Tracking
- Select the order number containing the backordered item.
Don't have a Personal Shopping Account? Creating an account allows you to check out faster, save products in your shopping bag, access your landsend.com order history, and build an address book. Create Account
- Q: How do I create a name to post a product review?
- Feel free to use your first name, a nickname or any other unique handle. (Please be mindful that the name you choose will be published on the site.)
- Do not use spaces in the "name" field.
- Do not use special characters such as periods, hyphens, commas, $, &, etc.
- If an error appears, add numbers or letters (don't use any spaces)
- The name you create is assigned only to you and will be used on any future product reviews you write on our site.
- Q: How can I access my order history?
- If you are a registered customer and were signed into your Personal Shopping account when you submitted your order, you can access your past order information online. To view your order history:
- Go to "My Account" and sign in.
- Click on Order History & Tracking.
- To view a specific order, click on the order number and the order details will display on the web page for you.
- Q: What is Lands' End's return policy?
- Guaranteed. Period.® If you're not satisfied with any item, simply return it to us at any time for an exchange or refund of its purchase price.
- Q: Can I return an item that has been personalized (such as hemmed or monogrammed)?
- Yes! When we say everything is Guaranteed. Period.® we mean it.
For instructions on how to make a return, visit our Customer Service Returns Information page.
- Q: How do I make a return?
- You can return items to stores or mail them back to us – your choice. For options and details, see our Customer Service Returns Page.
- Q: How do I request a catalog?
- Just go to our catalog request page, click the check box below the catalog title or titles you would like to receive and we will send you the most current edition.
You can also shop our E-Catalogs. They're environmentally friendly, easy to shop and always at your fingertips.
- Q: How do I sign up for email updates?
- It's easy – Go to our email sign-up page and enter your email address in the box provided. Click submit to start receiving exclusive offers, free shipping, sale announcements and more.
- Q: How do I reduce the amount of Lands' End email updates that I receive?
- Go to our Email Updates page, enter your e-mail address, select "unsubscribe" and click submit.
On the next screen, you'll be given the option to select ONCE A WEEK or you can unsubscribe altogether. We hope you'll stay with us – email subscribers get free shipping, exclusive offers and more.
- Q: Do you have retail stores and where are they located?
- Yes! You can find Lands' End Shops at Sears at hundreds of full-line Sears stores around the US, as well as a smaller number of Lands' End Canvas Shops at Sears and Lands' End Inlets. Try our Store Locator to find a store near you.
- Q: How do I find my school's dress code and apply my Preferred School Number?
- You can find your school's dress code by going to our SCHOOL UNIFORM page and clicking "FIND MY SCHOOL." Or, to make future shopping sessions faster and easier, first create a profile for your student.
- Enter the required information (gender, grade, school name and state) and select FIND MY SCHOOL.
- Select your child's school by clicking SELECT SCHOOL.
Click SAVE SCHOOL or "Shop Now".
- A banner page with your school information will open.
- To view the school dress code, click "Show Checklist" or "Dress Code Guidelines PDF".
- Repeat this process for each child.
- To apply your Preferred School number to your order, you must search for and open your school's dress code.
Borderfree International Shipping
VALUE ADDED SERVICES