To build a global lifestyle brand that stays true to its roots. And that means staying true to our customers.
A lot of things have changed since Lands' End opened its doors in 1963. Our core beliefs haven't. We still only sell things we believe in. We always unconditionally guarantee every item we offer. We'll never stop treating our customers like family or putting our whole hearts into answering their needs.
We also care for our employees with policies that encourage wellness, volunteerism and a healthy work/life balance. It's a way of doing things that's uniquely Lands' End. And it boils down to two words that mean the world to us: Guaranteed. Period.®
Honest Value In Everything We Do
We believe value comes down to more than the price on a tag:
DurabilityOur things are meant to be worn, rumpled and loved.
StyleYou'll find us wherever trendy meets timeless American style.
VersatilityWith classic designs that can outlast time and trends.
ServiceWe're here to help. And we stand behind every item we sell.
QualityWe deliver the strongest, softest and the most well crafted.
The Words We Work By
In 1984, our founder Gary Comer wrote an article for the summer catalog. He called it "The Principles of Doing Business." Those ideals still guide our business practices today:
1. We believe that serving our customer serves all of us. Everyone here understands that concept. Our customer care specialists are trained to know our products, and to be friendly and helpful. They are empowered to take all the time necessary to take care of our customers.
2. Real value is a cornerstone of our brand. We price products fairly and honestly. We operate efficiently, and build relationships with manufacturers who have proven they are skilled, cost conscious, efficient and socially responsible.
3. We are passionate about quality. We do everything we can to make our products better. We continually improve fabrics and construction details, and never reduce the quality of a product to make it cheaper.
4. We are a community dedicated to creating new ways of connecting. We consider customers and employees our heartland and seek to engage them in an ongoing conversation that encourages feedback. That's why when you call, click or visit Lands' End, it's a little like coming home.
5. We operate with integrity from the inside out, so employees and partners can be crystal clear about our philosophy of doing business, goals for the future and expectations for success. Everyone here is accountable for his or her decisions under this guiding principle. The result? An engaged workforce that delivers added value to the customer (and the bottom line).
6. We accept any return for any reason, at any time. Our products are guaranteed. No fine print. No arguments. We mean exactly what we say: Guaranteed. Period.®
Behind the label
While placing an order, one mother mentioned her little girl, who was about to start swim therapy for an injury sustained in a recent car accident. Touched, we added something extra to her order: a pink polka-dot two-piece bathing suit and beach towel to make therapy more fun. Mom was thrilled.
A half-century of doing our very best makes for a lot of good stories.Read on